Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Sewing Machine Cover

My sewing machine doesn't have a cover yet, and since it mostly hangs out in the garage, it badly needs one. So I'm making one for it this week!


I sewed, pressed and trimmed 120 HSTs for this cover. Then I discovered that the layout I wanted (a random, scrap-happy sort of thing) was most definitely not going to work with the fabrics I'd chosen because they were far too busy. Cue frustration.


My sister to the rescue! She rearranged them into the perfect pattern for the fabrics I had, and in a layout like this, I'm shocked that she managed to get everything to go together so perfectly. She always has been good at Tetris.


I'm at the quilting stage now! I even did a lovely pieced back for it, too.


I'm hand-quilting it because I love hand-quilting my machine isn't happy with me and it's skipping stitches. Maybe when I present it with a lovely new cover it will love me again!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!


9 comments:

  1. It seems a bit funny to make all those HSTs to create square at the end :-) Looking good though. I'm sure you both had fun and that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! If I had've known that I would choose this layout, I'd have simplified the piecing by just doing squares to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! I hope your machine starts behaving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It Comes together lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that elephant print! It's from Spotlight ;) I badly need to make a machine cover. Or in the meantime just even use that one that came with my mahcine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layout (even if there are simpler ways to make it.) Hopefully your machine will like you more once you give her this beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I saw your comment about wishing for larger photos on the Canadian studio tour at Mad About Patchwork and I just wanted to let you know that I've got larger shots on my blog that have been labelled with all the stuff to see how I store my stash. Also, if you click on the pics in my blogpost it will take you directly to Flickr where you can blow them up full screen if you like! I like to see details, too ; )
    Cheers,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. The movement is spot on - wonderful progress and doing it QAYG is super smart. Lucky brother.

    **
    โกเด้นสล็อต
    Gclub จีคลับ
    **

    ReplyDelete